Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Be Still

So where does "Be Still" come from? Well, it's only one of my favorite parts of the Bible. You can see it more than once, but for me, it's this verse specifically:

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." -Exodus 14:14

What a relief to know we don't really have to do anything! Beyond prayer and petition; God knows our struggles, our pain, our desires and He will help us with them! This is not to say that everything will be easy. Even though Charli is only 2, I am already trying to make sure she doesn't fall into the misconception that having God in your life means everything will always be hunky-dory and we won't ever have to worry about anything. It simply means you are not alone. You have someone to lean on, someone who is strong enough to bear the weight of your struggles when you feel like you can't possibly do it anymore. Just cry out to Jesus. It makes me feel relief just thinking about it, even in a time of no struggles. Just knowing that God is there for me, God will fight for me, wow!, that makes my heart so light! 

My birthday is coming up this weekend so I plan on spending it working on the master bath! A shipment of items will be arriving today, and I'm planning a trip to Home Depot in the near future! Come back soon and see how it turns out!

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment